The Angel of Peace (Friedensengel) is part of the Maximilian Park, Munich, Germany (DE). Next to the Isar, slightly elevated above street level, is an open space with a fountain; this has a dolphin waterspout surrounded by four smaller waterspouts. Two staircases lead to the observation deck . A column 38 metres high and in the Corinthian style is located here, on top of which is a six-metre statue of the Angel of Peace. It is a replica of the Nike of Paeonius.
The foundation stone was laid on 10 May 1896; the unveiling was on 16 July 1899. The sculpture of gilded cast bronze was a collaborative work of the architects were Heinrich DŸll, Georg Pezold and Max Heilmaier. The Putti Fountain is a work of Wilhelm von RŸmann. When the Angel fell from the column in 1981, it was taken away so that the significant damages could be repaired. After having been restored, it was put back on its column in 1983, its leg and both wings having been replaced. -wiki